Family Mediation South East offer mediation and charge on a “per person” basis for mediation that is undertaken.
Bognor Regis | Brighton | Chichester, Clapham Common | Crawley | Croydon | East Grinstead | Eastbourne | Hastings | Haywards Heath | Horsham | Lewes | London | Redhill | Sutton | Tunbridge Wells | Worthing
Costs of a MIAM
FMSE is contracted to provide Legal Aid whereby mediation is free to one or both parties. Eligibility for Legal Aid is confirmed by a means assessment for which clients must bring current documents confirming their financial circumstances.
An online Legal Aid calculator to assist you is at www.gov.uk/check-legal-aid. Click “Yes” that mediation has started and have all your financial information to hand. Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM)
- If you are assessed as eligible for Legal Aid then this initial meeting is free.
- If you are not eligible for Legal Aid but the other person(s) in your case is, then the MIAM is also free.
- The cost of a MIAM If you are not eligible for Legal Aid is £80 plus VAT (£96) per person (or per couple e.g. grandparents).
- If you are exempt from attendance at a MIAM and require a certificate to this effect from a mediator then the cost for that paperwork is £80 plus VAT (£96).
- If you are eligible for Legal Aid, then all mediation costs including paperwork are free of charge as FMIS has a contract with the Government’s Legal Aid Agency. Costs of Mediation The first joint session of mediation is also free for the party ineligible for Legal Aid in a case where one party is eligible and one is not. For clients ineligible for Legal Aid, the cost of mediation is £115 plus VAT (£138) per person per hour.
- Costs are payable on or before the day of the mediation session and at the concluding session will include any fee for the preparation of written summaries.
- You can pay by cash, credit/debit card or by bank transfer.
- Our terms of business include a cancellation fee for a missed appointment or insufficient notice.
- Costs of written Summaries and Parenting Plans
- We can prepare a Report or a Summary for you or your Solicitors as mediation progresses or at the conclusion of mediation. Our charge to private clients for this work is £115 plus VAT (£138) per person per hour in addition to the
costs of the meetings.
- On average it takes 2-4 meetings to achieve a successfully completed “all issues” mediation.